January was both a celebratory and a tough month for me. I had the promise of a new year, am prepping to divulge some exciting news (it'll come a little later this month) and my birthday to celebrate. But, I also lost my beloved aunt; someone that shaped a lot of my identity from my early childhood but played a pivotal role in some of my recent interests.
I'm looking for something to get me inspired and excited about every day so I've decided that I'm going to post a song, everyday for the month of February (plus two bonus days in March) as part of a new 30x30.
If you're looking for some inspiration, I invite you to join me by also posting or just listening to the songs I post.
- February 1: Don't Change by INXS
- February 2: Fire Woman by The Cult
- February 3: The Party Line by Belle & Sebastian
- February 4: John Henry by Lesley "Esley" Riddle
- February 5: Virginia Plain by Roxy Music
- February 6: Mess Around by Ray Charles
- February 7: Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins) by Father John Misty
- February 8: 100% by Sonic Youth
- February 9: All I Want is You by U2
- February 10: Do You Love Me Now? by the Breeders
- February 11: Your Kiss is on My List by Hall & Oates
- February 12: Mon Amie La Rose by Natacha Atlas
- February 13: Take Ecstasy With Me by The Magnetic Fields
- February 14: My Peace, a Taizé Chant performed by the Phoenix Reading Choir
- February 15: 25 Bucks by Danny Brown
- February 16: Parasites by San Fermin
- February 17: La Vie En Rose by Louis Armstrong
- February 18: Fight the Power by Public Enemy
- February 19: Pueblo Nuevo by Buena Vista Social Club
- February 20: I Still Believe by Tim Capello
- February 21: Get Ur Freak On by Missy Elliott
- February 22: You Got Lucky by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- February 23: Gigantic by the Pixies
- February 24: Only in Dreams by Weezer
- February 25: Wonderwall by Oasis
- February 26: Listen to the Sirens by Gary Numan/Tubeway Army + Head Over Heels by The Go-Go's + The Knife by Genesis + Feel Good Inc by The Gorillaz
- February 27: God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
- February 28: Rosa Parks by OutKast
- March 1: Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town by Pearl Jam
- March 2: I Will Always Love You by Dolly Parton
#30x30's have been helpful for inspiration in the past, here you'll find 50+ essays by Anna Adlard and me from our 30x30 in November.
If you'd like to listen to the playlist without all that pesky reading, you can check out the playlist on YouTube.
The Storify of Tweets for each song of the day. This, in itself, makes a nice story.