I've been talking about SXSW V2V on my social networks a lot lately. Most people in the interactive, communications and advertising industry are familiar with SXSW, but many are not as familiar with SXSW V2V.
South by Southwest Venture to Venture (SXSW V2V) connects entrepreneurs with the creative community, entrepreneur coaches and venture capitalists. SXSW V2V happens in Las Vegas to connect people who are starting a business (or want to be inspired to start a business) to the vibrant start-up community that exists in Vegas.
It is the newest venture in the SXSW family -- which includes SXSW Music, SXSW Film, SXSW Interactive, SXSW Eco and SXSW Edu -- and the only one that happens in Las Vegas.
Why should you care?
All SXSW properties are fertile grounds for inspiration and networking. From what I've seen in the programming, SXSW V2V will be the same.
How am I involved?
I'm attending. I'm also on the advisory board for SXSW V2V and blogging for them. My first post was the first in a series of posts by other V2V advisory board members. My article focused on building your network without being tied to one location.
What am I excited about?
I mentioned two panels in my article:
- Building a Start-up Community: I am a member of a vibrant start-up culture in Johnson City, TN and Durham, NC. Anything I learn I can take back to my fellow entrepreneurs.
- My Journey from My Parents' Basement to 5M users: I'm working with start-ups and writing a book. Expertise from others in a similar situation is appreciated.
But I am also excited about:
- John Maeda's keynote: I'm hoping he'll talk about experimentation breeding failure and the importance of cross-discipline training.
- Perfect Marriage: Venture Capital + Marketing: As someone that helps people shape companies, I am interested in seeing when they recommend taking the time to focus on the brand.
- Safe is Risky: Why you should Blaze Your Own Trail: They're going to talk about what it takes to start your own business and how to get investors. (investors = Yes, please.)
- Start-ups: Innovating Big Business: Hearing from corporations who are using the start-up mentality to run their business.
- Hanging with Karen Ingram.
- Not gambling.
- Doing non-Vegas strip things.
It's a SXSW event. I am ready to get my face inspired off.
You wanna go?!!
Sounds awesome, right? Hit me up if you want to go. I've got a few pointers and might even be able to help with a discount. It's July 13-16, 2014 in Las Vegas, NV.